Tuesday, January 7, 2014

DIY Monogram Christmas Ornament



My inspiration for this ornament was a picture I found on Pinterest of a monogrammed ornament but it was kinda plain and I though I could do better so this is my rendition. I used these as my teachers gifts and for my boy friends family they would also be good for friends or moms the craft a great inexpensive gift for Christmas. 


Whats need for the project:
  • Thick Ribbon (I suggest 1in width or bigger ribbon because it will make big pretty bows)
  • Thin Ribbon (1/2in or smaller usually around $1.00 for a spool)
  • Clear Christmas Ornaments 
  • Craft Glitter
  • Scrap Booking Letters(I like cursive ones for a fancier monogram but you can use a font of your choice)
All these items can be purchased at a craft store such as Hobby Lobby or Jo-Ann's or even Walmart. Don't forget about Hobby Lobby's 40% off coupon for the more expensive items like the ornaments. 

 Step 1:
  • Remove the top of the ornament and use a funnel to pour your craft glitter into the top of the ornament. 
  • Before putting the top back on fill the small hole in the top of the ornament with hot glue so that the glitter doesn't fall out when your ornament gets turned upside down. 
  • Then stick your monogram stickers onto the outside of your ornament, I used uppercase letters for the center of the monogram and lower case fort the two side letters but you could also get to different size sticker sets. 
Step 2:
  • Hand stitch or hot glue or tie the ends of the smaller ribbon together around the loop on top of the ornament. (I hand stitched)  
Step 3:

  • Make bows out of the larger ribbon to the size you would like.
  • Then use hot glue to put your bow on the front of the ornament.

Final Product:

No comments:

Post a Comment